ICRI Carolinas Chapter Student Scholarship Program
2020 ICRI Carolinas Chapter Student Scholarship Contest
Application opens at noon on February 1st.
As a result of the excellent support of our corporate sponsors, employers of our board of directors, conference speakers, and membership, the Carolinas Chapter of ICRI is offering two scholarships awards for 2020. Our first place winner will be awarded $2000 while second place will receive $1000.
Students enrolled in a North or South Carolina, four-year undergraduate or graduate level engineering or construction program, with coursework in concrete are eligible. Your school achievements, work experience, background and essay response will all be considered during judging.
Application form will be filled out electronically, on the website. The scholarship will be selected by the Scholarship Judging Committee.
Prepare for the application (2020 Essay Topic):
One challenge with using concrete in construction is the potential for cracks. Consider a concrete balcony constructed in the coastal Carolinas. Briefly explain the long-term effects of cracks in the concrete balcony and provide a recommendation on how to repair the concrete balcony.
Scholarship Program Rules
A $2,000 and $1,000 scholarship will be awarded each year for students involved in engineering or construction curriculum. The Board of Directors will judge and award the scholarship based on the information provided by the applicant in the online form, available at www.ICRICarolinas.org. In all instances, the Board of Directors will have the final authority in the awarding of scholarship money.
The following rules apply:
1) The applicant must be a full-time student of a four-year college located in North Carolina or South Carolina.
2) Scholarship money, if awarded, will be sent directly to the school.
3) The Executive Director will forward all essays in a blind format to the Scholarship Committee.
4) The student’s enrollment will be verified with the college’s admissions office prior to sending a check to the school’s Financial Aid Office.
5) Past scholarship recipients may reapply for the scholarship the following year. Essay themes will vary and will require new essay each year of re-application.
6) The ICRI Board of Directors will be the final authority in the distribution of any and all funds.