2021 ICRI Carolinas Chapter Student Scholarship Contest – $2000 paid to the school of our winner
Application opens at noon on February 22nd.
As a result of the excellent support of our corporate sponsors, employers of our board of directors, conference speakers, and membership, the Carolinas Chapter of ICRI is offering single $2000 scholarship award for 2021.
Students enrolled in a North or South Carolina, four-year undergraduate or graduate level engineering or construction program, with coursework in concrete are eligible. Your school achievements, work experience, background and essay response will all be considered during judging.
Application form will be filled out electronically, on the website. The scholarship will be selected by the Scholarship Judging Committee.
Prepare for the application (2021 Essay Topic):
Concrete has been a used as a building material for centuries. Advancements in technology in today’s world are happening at an increasingly rapid pace. What current or future technology advancement could lead to improvements in concrete repair industry?
Scholarship Program Rules
A $2,000 scholarship will be awarded this year for students involved in engineering or construction curriculum. The Board of Directors will judge and award the scholarship based on the information provided by the applicant in the online form, available at www.ICRICarolinas.org. In all instances, the Board of Directors will have the final authority in the awarding of scholarship money.
The following rules apply:
1) The applicant must be a full-time student of a four-year college located in North Carolina or South Carolina.
2) Scholarship money, if awarded, will be sent directly to the school.
3) The Executive Director will forward all essays in a blind format to the Scholarship Committee.
4) The student’s enrollment will be verified with the college’s admissions office prior to sending a check to the school’s Financial Aid Office.
5) Past scholarship recipients may reapply for the scholarship the following year. Essay themes will vary and will require new essay each year of re-application.
6) The ICRI Board of Directors will be the final authority in the distribution of any and all funds.